Pages

Followers

Monday 27 February 2012

Flutterby Butterfly!

Hi all,
I have a different kind of card to share with you today!!
It's an acetate stepper card!
I can't claim all the glory for it as I saw a tutorial here & basically cased the idea!
I am rather pleased with it, as it the recipient


I made it for a variety of reasons which I won't go in to
but the main purpose was to raise a smile & let someone know 
I am thinking about them!!
The card, butterflies & sentiment are all Hunkydory.
The Acetate is 220gsm


If you look closely, you can see that the butterflies all have acetate wings.


The ribbon was from my stash & I tied a triple bowin the best
Jak Heath stylie!


A side view for a better look at the construction!
Thanks for looking!
As this is a kit card I don't think I'll enter it in any competitions 
but I just wanted to share it with you all!

16 comments:

  1. It's beautiful Dawn! And a lovely sentiment too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks fabulous Dawn, love all the butterflies and your bow. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful Dawn. I had a go at making one a few months ago with a Hunkydory kit but I couldnt get it to sit right, but you have done a good job there. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very lovely card... such softness....

    Rina

    ReplyDelete
  5. It`s beautiful Dawn, love the sentiment.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous butterflies, Dawn, and that bow is perfect! Love the subtle color palette of neutrals and the way you did the acetate. Incredible card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Dawn, Gorgeous card and those butterflies are stunning lovely layout :) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Dawn, I like the butterflies and the card.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really a beautiful card, butterflies I love, and step cards are one of my favs. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  10. A really stunning card Dawn and i think the recipient will love it. Those butterflies are fabulous xxx

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! this is really gorgeous hun, I love the colours, just so beautiful
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is beautiful I love the design.

    Joan x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am a relatively new card maker and always looking to learn. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time & trouble to comment! I truly appreciate your feedback!
Hugs
Dawn xx